I’ve had a few surprises this week…
Surprise number one – I reached 200 followers. Thank you. It made my day.
Surprise number two – I was just sitting down to watch a few episodes of House of Cards (love it), when a message popped up on my phone from Gerri of To Create Sunshine (please check out her lovely blog) to say she had nominated me for a Liebster Award. It was a lovely surprise, to say the least, and I just want to say thank you Gerri for the nomination !
The Liebster award is a virtual award passed from blogger to blogger to show support and help promote fellow bloggers. It’s a lovely idea, helping those of us with ‘smaller’ blogs to get a little recognition and spreading the blog love around.
As part of accepting the award, Gerri asked me 11 questions…so here goes:-
- What is your favourite part of blogging ? I would say receiving feedback and comments. I have found WordPress to be a lovely, engaging and global community.
- What country, city or continent would you most like to visit and why? Hard to narrow it down to one, of course, but possibly the Maldives. It just looks so impossibly beautiful. Then again, I’d also love to visit Copenhagen and experience America’s deep south.
- What was the most inspirational time in your life so far ? Right now. I am really enjoying blogging and finding my creative self and I am thinking of pursuing that a little further.
- What are you passionate about ? I love flowers (you can probably guess that from this blog) and travel.
- What is your favourite book and why? The Snow Child by Eowyn Ivey. A bewitching, heart wrenching tale set in Alaska – it will have you captivated from the very start. Please read it – it’s like a fairytale for adults
- What is your favourite time of year? Autumn..all those shades of gold, crisp autumn air and crunchy leaves underfoot. Lovely.
- What are other interests you have besides blogging? Photography, reading, gardening and a little bit of retail therapy. I enjoy a good boxset too (but nothing in my opinion will surpass Mad Men!)
- Do you prefer the beach or the mountains? The beach..we have beautiful beaches here in Northern Ireland. I just don’t get to them often enough.
- Where did you go for your most memorable vacation? Cuba. I feel quite lucky that I’ve been there. It was over a decade ago but I still remember the heat, the music , the mojitos and watching thunderstorms roll in across the Caribbean. In fact, it was the subject of one of my earliest blog posts Colourful Cuba
- Do you prefer a sunny or a rainy day? It has to be a sunny day, because, of course, they are so rare !
- If you had a day all to yourself, how would you spend it? A walk round a lovely garden somewhere, taking photographs followed by lunch in a favourite cafe and a browse round some favourite shops, maybe taking home a plant, a candle or some little thing for our home.
My passions…flowers and travel…
Now, my next task is to pay it forward and nominate 11 blogs for the Liebster award and comment on their blog to let them know. So, here goes. Please do check them out – all individual, personal and inspirational blogs.
If you would like to accept the challenge ( you don’t have to, of course), feel free to answer the same 11 questions as above and let us know a little bit more about you ! Here’s just a quick summary of the rules:-
Thank the person who nominated you and link to their blog
Answer the 11 questions the person asked you
Nominate 11 people (comment on their blog and let them know)
Ask the people you have nominated 11 questions
I hope you enjoyed this post. It is easy sometimes to get lost in the big ‘world wide web’ – so it’s nice to know others are taking the time to read your posts and enjoy what you share 🙂
Happy Friday everyone and have a lovely weekend 🙂